Central Archdiocesan Province Caritas Association (CAPCA) is the development arm of Central Archdiocesan Ecclesiastical Province and is driven by the desire to improve the social economic conditions of the poor and marginalized. CAPCA implements its community development interventions without discrimination, based on religion, politics, gender or race.
CAPCA seeks to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated and result oriented Assistant Accounts and Administration Officer to perform a variety of Accounting/ book keeping and administrative tasks at CAPCA Liaison Office.
- Follow good financial discipline and procedures in financial management and accountability for CAPCA operations.
- Planning and producing budgets to the organization
- Prepare requisitions
- Ensure that all requisitions are line with relevant budget lines
- Use computerized accounting for organizational accounts.
- Ensure that all books of accounts are properly recorded, kept up-to-date and accountabilities for all expenditures are properly accounted for.
- Ensure transparency and accountability in the use of organizational funds.
- Carry out financial monitoring in the areas of operation
- Update the register of all organizational assets.
- Participate in the ongoing fundraising activities of the organization through proposal writing and other means.
- Carry out administrative tasks, as will be defined from time to time.
- Carryout any other duties as may assigned from time to time by authorized CAPCA management.
- Bachelor’s degree of Commerce or Business Administration with accounting option (Competitive degree class).
- ACCA or CPA student who has competed level two, will be an added advantage.
- A working experience of at least two years in carrying out similar roles, mentioned above.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Must have good working knowledge of modern computer applications, computerized accounting software & emails/internet skills.
- Computer knowledge and skills on word, excel, power point with good typing speed is a must.
- Must have working knowledge of administrative work coupled with documentation skills.
- Knowledge of office management , including office practice, procedures and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Motivated person with positive attitude, able to work with minimum supervision
- Can work under under pressure
- Good track record
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and testimonials to the address or E-mail below. The letter should provide name, positions and addresses of 3 referees to the address or E-mail below. Two of the referees must be work related.
Deadline for submission of application is before 3rd February 2017
CAPCA Liaison Office
Kampala Archdiocesan Catholic Secretariat Building
Plot 1, Stensera Road, Lubaga
P.O. Box 14125, Mengo, Kampala.
Tel: +256 039-3-112048/ 2560312112048 or 256 702536612
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.capcauganda.org